Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Hardest Job

It is my opinion  that parenting is the hardest job anyone will ever do.  With that being said, I have been told that I am a tough mother.  Usually, I don't know if I should take it as a compliment or be offended. I consider myself more like my grandmother and my great grandmother they were what I call no nonsense grandmothers.  They were firm, yet loving.   They told it like it is.  They did not make excuses when we misbehaved which was rare. Don't get me wrong this is not a, "they were perfect then, we are not now." I am saying they knew how to discipline in a way that made us think twice before messing up again. They disciplined with love.  As children, we certainly did not see it that way.  As a mother today, I pray that my children see it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment