Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spend Time Together


I wonder how many parents spend quality time with their children? I know we are all busy.  Trust me there are times when I too feel as though I don’t spend enough time with my children.  I use whatever time I have with them in the car to talk about school and anything else that we can get in during our car ride.  That conversation continues over home work but I feel that there needs to be a special time with them.   So I try to have game night once a week. We cook together all the time.  This is an excellent time to really find out more about what’s happening at school.   And during school vacations, Wednesday is library day.  Believe me they like that. I also try to take them bowling, or to a museum, and sometimes we go out to eat.  There are plenty of things you can do with your children that does not cost a lot.  You can get passes to the museums from the public library. During the summer we go to the beach.  That’s not so expensive if you bring your own lunch. You can take them on a tour of the Freedom trail.  Again, that’s free. Whatever you decided, be creative and just do it together.  Your children will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment